Monday, February 24, 2014

Erica Morano Photography: Crystal Beach


Click picture for larger image


This photo was taken Sunday Feb 15 in Crystal Beach Canada, ( Editors note: if not for a quick bridge, this would be considered the Greater Buffalo Area. We bend the rules from time to time :)  ) at what they called the "ice caves". Technically they are ice shoves that are formed when strong winds push huge chunks of ice up on top of each other and they make weird formations.  They were destroyed just 3 days after I took this photo by heavy equipment as the area was deemed unsafe. I consider it a once in a lifetime thing, and I'm glad I was able to check them out.

1 comment:

  1. I like the texture from the ice cave and how you used it to frame the sky…I think it makes the viewer wonder what the inside of that cave looked like!

    ReplyDelete